Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Re: Arbitration - wording of contract

in response to by
posted on Dec 10, 2009 01:03PM

Rayzz, those points are what I was thinking too. Crystallex says they have to be aware the VZ could do something to screw things up, but they don't say that it is in the contract that we have agreed to VZ changing any lawas so they can take away the MOC.

As you said, any country can change laws. But in terms of internation law, and the Canada/Venezuelan treaty, taking the MOC away under in this situation is completely against their legal agreement change, of law or not. Case in point, Russia. And now look how they are back peddaling. They have the guts to come out and admit they need to go back and look at changing things so they are profitable to foriegn investors. In VZ, who just happen to be best buds with Russia, only the Nation Bank has come out and suggested a change. I would not be surprised to see VZ follow Russia's move.

However, I still feel that the biggest positive for us is the fact that Chavez knows he must have foriegn investment, in the form of JV with MOC's..........if he were to cancel/break this one with a company doing everything right, he'll have not a chance in hell of attracting any investment, including Russia, China.

No, he has to honor this MOC, and I'm sure that is the only reason that there are negotiations going on. Their negotiating price, and posibly, the terms of the MOC for the next operator. You can bet this will be intense. No one wants to be put in KRY's position in a few years from now, if oil goes back up or ?

Pen

New Message
Please login to post a reply