Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Chechnya was more of a civil war. This was one of the many ethnic groups that was engulfed by the Soviet Empire that rose up to try to gain independence. The Georgians did as well as did Hungary as did the Armenians. The majority of assualts on the Soviets were from Armenians (of which I am from my fathers family). While they often resorted to terrorist like actions as did the Chechens I don't count that in the realm of Terrorist attacks. These were people within the Soviet Empire attempting to revolt. How the Sovites dealt with it was much more brutal before it collapsed

My comments were with regard to independent terrorist groups not part of a soviet or former soviet block. For example, Saudi or Iranian jihadists don't hijack Russian planes because they know they will be killed immediately regardless of collateral damage. Terrorists rely on the emotional aftermath they get from attacks or the fear they instill not the actual death toll. Russians don't display that.

In support of my comments vie Chavez, a US backed person would have to deal with an emotional and righteous backlash if we took action against Chavez. The Russians and Chinese are not constrained by concerns of political fallout. If Chavez burns them he will dissappear and no one will question it.

New Message
Please login to post a reply