Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Re: FACTBOX - Venezuela's bolivar currency devaluation

Midas...I agree the handwriting is on the wall for Chavez. I just don't think he'll be gotten rid of quickly. I believe he'll use force to stay in power (remember Castro is his hero. He makes no secret about wanting to be President for life and he's taken steps [think national police force] to deal with an unfavorable election result). Once he loses power....all of the expensive suits....the palace.....the jets....the international podium will all be gone. He'll just be another fat blowhard sitting at the bar and recalling his glory days to anyone within earshot. What could he possibly do for his livilihood after the end of his presidency....become a spokesperson for WeightWatchers? I'm hoping against hope for a buyout.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a sniper will take him out soon but I kind of doubt it. A large portion of the electorate is ignorant and clueless in Venezuela....compared to Argentina for example, where a more sophisticated populous is not fooled by Kirchner's failed and self aggrandizing leftist Chavista like policies. There is enough of a "something for nothing" populist mentality in Venezuela to blur the result of any election....even if Chavez is clearly the loser. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong.

New Message
Please login to post a reply