Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Environmental Permit Stuff

posted on Jan 23, 2010 09:04PM

Just a little reminiscing of old and new Environmental ministers :)

KRY last received an environmental permit in Oct 2006 for drilling for updated reserves and back then it was Jacqueline Faria as the Minister of Environment. KRY fortunately received this permit just prior to her departure yet Yubiri Ortega was waiting in the wings as Jan 2007.

Surprisingly that under Yubiri's first year of rule that KRY's EIS was ratified and approved under her leadership, go figure. With bonds and taxes paid KRY and its shareholders thought the permit was near yet the rest is now history for those that are following now.

What happened with Ortega from June 2007 and April of 2008. Personally the only that I have been able to gather is from a few articles that I posted here during the time and after the denial that led me to believe that Russia had an influence in a way in the months leading up to the denial. There were a few occasions in which Yubiri led a delegation of Russians around VZ. This delegation just so happened to include the Russian environmental minister as well.

New Message
Please login to post a reply