Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: RM email....somewhat interesting, certainly not exciting, yet comforting

RM email....somewhat interesting, certainly not exciting, yet comforting

posted on Jan 25, 2010 11:11AM

Inspired by Teutracker's post yesterday, I sent off the following to RM:

Hello Mr. Marshall,

Reeling from the recent drop in share price, I took solace in rereading your PR of 11/16/09.

Considering the long term drama being played out in our relationship with Venezuela, it stretches credulity to believe that the language used refers solely to the relationship between them and us.

Why does the wording have to be so obfuscatory? In the past, when the option of securing the environmental permit was still on the table, you reiterated many times the positive feedback you were getting from negotiations with high Venezuelan government officials. So why can't you at least acknowledge that negotiations with other mining companies are taking place now?

Your lawyers appear to be overreacting. Admitting to negotiations is not guaranteeing success.

Regards,

XXXXXXX

The reply:

Unfortunately with lawsuits launched by shareholders and noteholder in 2008 and 2009 lawyers advise the Company and Board on making statements. The Company is current with its disclosure and the activities disclosed in the November 16, 2009 news update are ongoing.

My analysis.......

tell me this doesn't imply we are talking to other mining companies.....

New Message
Please login to post a reply