Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

With a special plan for monitoring the gold industry in the country, along with technicians from China, the owner of People's Power Ministry for the Environment, Alejandro Hitcher, announced that it will prevent the diversion of part of the annual production gold metal.

What I read out of this statement, is that he is refering to the 60% of all gold produced in VZ that comes from illegal mining. There is obviously going to be a major attempt to stop gold leaving the country, which means most of it will have to be sold to the central bank. That is where the big jump in 'production' will come from...at least over the next couple years.

I see that come summer/fall 2012, the LC mine will be producing.....who will be operating it is the only question, and that will be answered, I believe, in the next 30 days.

Heres to (and I raise my glass of scotch....sore back ya' know) all of us here on this board, as well as all those that have hung in there....because of need, or not.......Cheers

Pen

New Message
Please login to post a reply