Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Very interesting how everything Russian is not gold plated anymore. I know there were 'understandings' signed between Russia and VZ, with regards to mining, but I haven't heard a word lately.

Seems to me that VZ is playing a somewhat dangerous game, having these two world giants tethered to the same 'hook'. I know China is far and away the best for VZ, however, I wouldn't want to be Chavez, if he screws around with Russia.

And concerning Chinese involvement in the Gold Mining area....I believe they will be the major player, but certainly not under the present rules re: the selling of the gold. I also think that because the ties and bonds that are being established with China, and the length of the terms, there will be no 'going back' on any agreements, by Chavez, or any future leader.

For sure, we will be allied to the right people, if we partner in some way with a Chinese state owned company....my concern is that the pie is getting chopped up smaller and smaller.

Maybe we'll see a deal something like this.......

A Chinese state company will partner with KRY, with Kry being the minority partner. The Chinese company will 'buy' Crystallex out of it's MOC, for a billion or so, and then, under the deal, hire Crystallex back under a new contract, to build and run the mine. Crystallex will get a much smaller %, but will have a wack of cash to buy up or partner with, another junior out there, in a much more stable country.

I must say tho', that besides seeing our share price pop to a respectful $3-$5 in the first act, I want to be around when LC is producing! I think we deserve to benefit when Crystallex actually is a producing medium player.

I used to own shares of AUR, and this is were they went, with 50% less resources than Crystallex.

They include the Canadian gold junior Aurelian Resources. It made the headline-grabbing Fruta del Norte gold discovery in Ecuador in 2006. Thanks to this high-grade 13.7-million-ounce deposit, the company’s share price skyrocketed from around $0.25 to over $40. This was before the deposit was purchased in 2008 by the mining heavyweight Kinross Gold Corp. [TSX: K] (NYSE: KGC) for the princely sum of $1.2 billion.

Pen

New Message
Please login to post a reply