Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

What is the cost of Gold/OZ for the Chinese to buy 2/3rds of LC. Assuming the 20,000TPD mine would cost $500million and doubling the cost to $1billion to mine 40,000TPD. And using 14million OZ of Gold(21 - 7for KRY) - the gross cost to the Chinese would be $71.4/OZ of Gold. This does not take into account "economies of scale" as the add'l 20,000TPD should cost less than the 1st 20,000TPD. I don't believe there is any other mine in the World with Proven Reserves that could be acquired at that degree of cost effectiveness. Also 1/3 of that cost will be paid back by KRY. Taking that into account the true gross cost for the Chinese is reduced further to $47.9/OZ of Gold. If there is more than 21million oz(as most believe) that will further reduce the cost/OZ. If anyone can significanttly dispute these gross calculations, be my guest.

New Message
Please login to post a reply