Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I just heard back from my office assistant. She just got off the phone with my lawyer's secretary. She believes that it may be possible perhaps to get my divorce papers any day now, sometime possibly before the end of the month or once all the details are done in the right tax jurisdiction. I'm thinking Dutch Antilles. It is all looking good. She'll also send me, at the same time, a Will, whereby I can contemplate leaving my lower body parts to cantjustread and GWhatesmidgets (and anything leftover to EZ - only joking Paul)

However, in reality, I don't have any intent to divorce or give my good old friends anything extra they may need, but at least the documents are all set and ready to go, in case I change my mind (or while I work on other plans.)

This documentation delay deal stinks!

Vague email responses from IR don't cut it anymore.

I feel sorry for RM because personally he is a very nice guy. Whomever put in those July 31, A&F Agreement date and August shareholder vote date I can only assume didn't listen to RM. Coming-up with all those generic responses must be tough on him I would think, so I feel for the guy, but when you have nothing to work with, falling back on documentation delays and lawyers can only work for so long!

Bob Fung told me two years ago that the issuance of the permit was a 'political problem'. I'm wondering now, if Hugo didn't like some yankee-canadian westerner when they had access to 100 % of las Cristinas via CVG, how must he feel if the political hot-potato is only 33 1/3 %. And Crystallex wants to market themselves on the stock exhanges once the deal is signed to advantage themselves of Venezuelan gold? Yikes! As much as Venezuela may need those depreciating US Dollars from China they sure must be holding their noses on this deal! KRY's 15-18 years of operation in Venezuela means less and less now with gold at USD 1200 and change per oz and possibly going much higher. Who has the money? China. When Hugo promised them Las Cristinas he won't go back on that deal but that doesn't necessarily mean he still accepts Crystallex. I don't see the Chinese screwing over KRY but all they need is the MOC, plans and remaining equipment and the avoidance of arbitration. The mining of Las Cristinas they can do themselves with limited public participation., disclosure etc.

So caught between a rock and a hard place if it ever came to negotiating a buyout I would think.

No folks, I'd pray for the day that Hugo turns a blind eye and accepts us via the Chinese because in the medium term (1-2 years) the stock is worth much more than a quick under-duress buyout. Frankly, If I was Hugo though I'd say to my Asian comrades...look I promosed your politicos in Beijing I'd do this deal but you know what I don't want the other 1/3, buy them out, get rid of them - you do your deal with them - nice and friendly and you'll get your permit and I'll work with you on Las Brisas as well to avoid both arbitrations. Hey China you know how good a deal you got on your 2/3 rd's. Free, wasn't it? So you got to build it to access 30 million oz's - so what when you only paid for a 1/3rd?

A two week delay on documentation, at this high a level, and then another 2 week delay, no explanation in the Q2 and MD&A, no more discussion about the A&F Agreement...but a jurisdiction incorporation for the JV in advance of the A&F...when the JV incorp. could be completed post A&F and pre shareholder vote? Come on? And a stock price close to 30 % below bought financing? I hope I'm wrong but when something smells, as this does, then it needs to be said.

This deal has either gone south in a hurry, or Hugo advised the Chinese the permit ain't happening with Crystallex or the Chinese ain't signing anything till all the agreements are 'done and dusted' and permit in hand?

I'm still hoping for the JV deal but thinking the longer this nonsense continues the serious possibility of a a buyout remains.

What If Hugo says no to Crystallex involvement? Options are limited for management. Venezuela have changed their minds many a time throughout the process. The mismanagement of A&F Agreement singing, shareholder vote, no mention of extension date, no mention of reasoning....smells, smells like rotten fish.

Teutracker

Aug 16, 2010 10:35PM
Aug 16, 2010 10:53PM
Aug 16, 2010 10:59PM
Aug 16, 2010 11:24PM
Aug 16, 2010 11:41PM
Aug 16, 2010 11:52PM
Aug 17, 2010 12:08AM
Aug 17, 2010 12:16AM
Aug 17, 2010 12:24AM
Aug 17, 2010 01:18AM
Aug 17, 2010 11:33AM