Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I looked at the basic figures for Andean gold.......Goldcorp is paying 3.6 billion....6.50 per share... for about 3 million oz. gold and 24 million oz. of silver. The ore is 'sub surface', similar to KRY's. The mine is expected to open in 2012, similar to KRY. Kry has what, 27 million oz. ? Both properties have great potential for huge increases in reserves.

Yes, we are in VZ, but apart from a few 'small' nationalizations, VZ is much more open for business than it used to be. As a 'silent partner', and having 1/3 of 27 mil. oz. that gives us 3 times the reserves that Andean just got paid $6.50 per share for.

When our mine is built, I wonder what our value will be, seeing as we will be part of a JV in a very stable situation....China in VZ. Chavez has completely committed VZ to China for a very long time. Hence our value is secure as well.

Of course we still don't have the JV all sewn up, but I don't think there is much doubt that it will happen. In a couple years time, when the mine is built, and the world is more comfortable with the stability of the China-VZ relationship, what might our share of the JV be worth? With or without a possible buyout offer?

Just musing.......

Pen

Sep 04, 2010 07:23PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply