Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

No, not yet, EZ.

The only situation I'm aware of is dealing with people's Wills - I can only keep originals if I have a big safe, tested to 8 hours at 1200 degrees, or whatever, so I personally do not keep the originals.

For valuables, I believe I would have to follow all sorts of rules about safekeeping. I don't know that a safety deposit box in my name would be sufficient.

If it comes to that, you would want to ask the lawyer what he is able to do with bullion, how he safeguards it, and what his reporting requirements are. I would go to a firm of lawyers rather than a sole practitioner like me, because of issues of who do you go to if I die before you want your stash back.

Don't forget, in all your planning, we have the FINTRAC requirements here (and probably more restrictive down south). These are regulations that require full reporting of almost all transactions that involve the transfer of monies between institutions. So far, we lawyers here are essentially outside the reporting system, but that can change in the blink of an eye.

New Message
Please login to post a reply