Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Sure, AD, I'll share my experience.

I've been selling stock options for years, puts first then covered calls if the puts are exercised. My KRY $5 puts were assigned years ago, so I sold $5 covered calls for a while. Then KRY went south and the premium for $5 calls disappeared. I knew about LC and the MOC so I just held on. And on. When the SP hit .50 or so I started averaging down: why the hell not, at that price? And when it hit .20 I averaged down some more. So now my average price is about a buck. When the news broke last June I was tempted to sell at .70, take a 30% loss and go on from there. But migod, this China deal looked terribly promising--so here I am, just like the rest of the hopeful sweethearts on this board, waiting, waiting, waiting. But for a while there was a bit of premium for April 2.50 calls, so I've sold enough contracts to liquidate my position if they're exercised (earning, incidentally, a 10% APR on my KRY investment). I'd be DELIGHTED with 2.50/share in April, but also I'd be happy to see them expire--and then go on to arbitration.

This is a pure speculation play, and the only one in my portfolio. Your 25% solution sounds truly intelligent to me--but you'd have to violate it if you want to speculate.

Good luck with the cataract surgery. Did that years ago; you'll be amazed at the success.

Lope

New Message
Please login to post a reply