Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: The problem with Venezuelan Law - pricing "Good Faith"

From my understanding of Venezuela (very limited), they are a law abiding government. The problem I see with their legal system (this contract we have in particular) is the lack of the concept of "Good Faith".

If I were to enter into a contract with someone to renovate a room in my house for a fee, I can't deny that person access into that room, even if the right to access that room is not in the contract. The concept of "Good Faith" is assumed. Obviously the person can't renovate the room without being allowed access, and if he were to sue, he would win.

It's an obligation for every party involved in a contract to act reasonably towards the completion of it's terms for the mutual benefit of all parties involved.

It's safe to say, Venezuela has not been acting in the interest of the completion of this contract. The question now is, what should our compensation be for acting in "Good Faith".

What is the price of "Good Faith"? A sleazy person, who F everyone he meets, would say that it is worthless. I would claim it's golden, and it's currently $1369 an ounce. What is it's price to you? What kind of society do you want to live in? What kind of society do you want to be Venezuela?

New Message
Please login to post a reply