Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I remembered a somewhat similar situation, but I was young at the time, the company was called hurricane hydrocarbons.

from Ny times article 2005......................if only this could happen to us :)

From bankruptcy to oil riches

By Ian Austen Published: Wednesday, August 24, 2005

NEW YORK — Six years ago, when Bernard Isautier took the helm of Hurricane Hydrocarbons, things looked bleak.

The company, based in Calgary, Alberta, was under bankruptcy protection. It controlled vast, recently privatized oil reserves in the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan but had been drained by a dispute with a local refinery, a currency collapse and prices depressed by a flood of Russian oil into the country, a former Soviet republic.

Arriving at an opportune moment, Isautier bought the refinery involved in the dispute, paying in stock. Unfavorable deals with the Kazakh government were resolved. He recapitalized the company with money from European investors. And the price of oil went up.

Hurricane Hydrocarbons emerged from bankruptcy in 2000, and in 2003 Isautier changed its name to PetroKazakhstan.

On Monday, he announced a plan to sell the company to China National Petroleum Corp., or CNPC, for $4.18 billion, or $55 a share, a long way from the 27 cents that Hurricane traded at when it was in bankruptcy.

Oh, please could this happen to us, i would never have to work again, lol.

FK.

New Message
Please login to post a reply