Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Ok,

Some here have proposed (and I'm hoping) that China (CRRC/CREC) is gonna come along to save the day and make this arbitration case go away for venezuela, and buy us out on the open market, and for a sweet price that we'll make us all happy ($2 or more?).

But as some of the realists suggest, why the hell would CREC come in and buy us out for $600-700 million, when we are currently valued at around $60 million.

Well, lets venture into conspiracy theories here, but maybe its not such a crazy thing after all:

Lets say, China (or chinese investors, and maybe even some of the vennies?) have been buying all along on the open market. I mean, we've been talking to them for over 1.5 years now, and for how long have we traded below $0.50, $0.40, $0.30, $0.20, and now $0.15. If you look at the charts over the last two years, a lot of shares have traded in that time, not to mention a financing that threw another 70 million shares on the market.

Now, say china has been able to avoid the 5% or 10% reporting requirements with buying through many different state entities. I mean, its not like the country of China itself can be considered one big corporation with many different subsidiaries, right. But that is exactly what it is for the most part. I mean, the big chinese banks, state oil company, China railway, etc, etc, are all fully or majority owned by the chinese government. So, if say, only 10 of these thousands of entities were able to purchase shares on the open market, each say around 4.99%, they would pretty much already control 50% of the shares outstanding.

So, now lets get to the math. Assuming they've managed to get control of these 175-200 million shares on the open market around an average of lets say $0.40. That means, they've already got 50% of the shares o/s for a sum of about $80 million.

So, if they were to offer say $2 a share, to which I believe, after being beaten down, most shareholders would accept (I know I would in a heartbeat). That means, they would have to dish out another $350 million to buy the rest of the shareholders out for the other 50%.

So, in effect, they would be paying a total of $430 million (or an average of $1.20) to make us go away. Recent shareholders would be happy, it would make the arbitration case go away and venezuela happy, and of course china would have a a lot of gold to mine, very cheaply.

Under this scenario, if they offered $1 a share, they would in effect be getting us for $250 million, or and average of $0.66 a share.

Of course, this is not what the headlines would say, it would state that crystallex is being taken over for $750 million ($2), or $375 million ($1). But, in effect, China (CCRC/CREC) really isn't paying this amount, as they are really just buying moving money around within their different entities. It all goes back into the same state-run pot anyway, and if not, its definitely making some nice profit for some well connected chinese companies (because that never happens, wink, wink).

So, in summary, this conspiracy theory has China getting buying us out on the cheap, though on the surface, it looks like they are making a genenrous offer, especially at these depressed prices. And who knows, maybe venezuela is even part of this plan. venezuela corrupt? Private, behind the scenes actions by the Chinese? Nooooo, can't be? .............Can it?

Anyway, have a good day everyone. I personally like all sides of the conversation on this board, as well as the humour, pictures, the sarcasm, etc. Just as long as the stupid YAHOO sh*t stays off. Thanks hub leaders, you have a tough job, thats for sure. But, as they say, you can't make everyone happy

FK.

New Message
Please login to post a reply