Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

"There are many outstanding goals"
Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chancellor hugs his mother in front of one of his brothers who made
hunger strike. Photo William Urdaneta

They spent 18 hours since you received the ticket to freedom until he could get out of jail. There were protests, arrests, assaults, tears and rejection. But at the end of the story Carlos Chancellor regained freedom to receive the benefit of confinement for the remaining period of the sentence. After appearing at the Palace of Justice, and be reviewed in the medical ward of the courtroom due to an imbalance caused by a week on hunger strike, now mayor-elect of Sifontes met young people who chained themselves to demand their freedom. As expected, although did not get complete freedom, removed the locks to the students before the fast lift that kept his brothers Joel and Daniel and hug his mother.

► Sifontes elected Mayor, who yesterday was reunited with his family and friends outside of prison, you can not step Tumeremo culminating 11 months of conviction that detract.

Confinement

"One of those words that seemed missing from the dictionary. Kept smelling and full of cobwebs, but who suddenly resurfaces in that ballot. Landfill. Chancellor can not leave the state without court permission Bolívar. " Public & Confidential Damien Prat

"It was not for the strike"

"The judicial bodies to avoid any kind of anarchism and stung his opponents and later released the companion to take due process. Strikes can do and still want the state will not fall into that kind of blackmail. " Orlando Guzmán, regional coordinator of the PSUV Youth

Judge invisible

"There is an invisible judge called Francisco Rangel Gomez. I denounce it personally, because I know it's who has been the best political operator who has been convicted. It was he who moved all its apparatus to be accused Chancellor of the crimes of which had been exempted. Américo De Grazia, deputy to the National Assembly

Mark David Valverde
mdvalverde@correodelcaroni.com

Colonel Julio Cesar Fuentes Manzulli, Public Safety Secretary of the Interior in Bolívar state police chief of Bolivar state, called a press conference on Tuesday morning. The meeting place: parking lot of the Palace of Justice in Puerto Ordaz.

Any explanation of police excesses committed during Monday night in the protest which started a group of students for the retention of Carlos Chancellor? No. Not anything like that.

What happened was reading a document, a paper that justified that, after a "thorough review by the Second Court of Execution," Chancellor Carlos was released. At that time, 10:30 am, the mayor-elect had Sifontes retained more than 16 hours without justification: the ballot for release had reached his hands by 6:00 pm on Monday.

Thus it was announced officially, the freedom of Charles Chancellor, who shall serve the remainder of his sentence (11 months) in confinement.

Unconformity
Simultaneously, the Chancellor came to the courthouse for the hearing. It was two hours before he left to meet with students who were kept chained for two weeks to demand their full freedom.

The tumult was formed on the steps of the judicial headquarters of Ciudad Guayana when Chancellor came accompanied by his lawyer, wife and some student representatives, including Saleh Lorent, national coordinator of United Youth Active Venezuela.

"We are committed to operating freedom and justice in Venezuela. I want to meet my family, my dad, my mom and my people. Unfortunately, I have been forbidden to approach the site where the conflict occurred, but just send a message of commitment to the people of Sifontes and Venezuela, "he said.

Despite having been on probation, said not agree with the measure.

"It achieved this goal, but there are many outstanding goals," he said.

Henceforth
Before leaving the Palace of Justice, Chancellor received care in nursing courtroom due to the imbalance suffered by the hunger strike that lasted for a week.

"I had altered values. It was necessary to compensate in the medical room. I had to be compensated, but the reaction was favorable, "he explained.

He left to express their distrust of the judiciary in Venezuela. He pointed out that his case is one example of the corruption that corrodes.

"I protested against the violation of a transnational mining and closure imposed on me and track crimes, incitement to crime and conspiracy, as Mr. William Saud. Given this, the judiciary has been tilted in favor of oppression, "she complained.

What politics?
During his imprisonment, who demonstrated for freedom of Chancellor Carlos used, including their arguments that more than 60 percent of voters waiting for their return Sifontes for mayor of the municipality. The newly released noted that evaluate the situation before making any decisions.

"Just read the decision, made a brief discussion and decided to consult with my lawyers," he said.

And on the political environment, Chancellor referred to who has been accused, both political activists and by his wife, Carmen Cedeño, if the promoter of his imprisonment: Francisco Rangel Gomez, the governor of Bolivar state.

"The governor, when he was president of the Corporacion Venezolana de Guayana, took $ 15 million and never reported back. Where the amount invested? Never been held to account on that money, "he said.

Thereafter, he could not continue to declare. We expect students, they expected his brothers to lift the hunger strike and was waiting for his mother, who was finally able to embrace free.

Obligations

The record of attendance of Chancellor Carlos down the obligations to be fulfilled during the next 11 months until he reaches the time of conviction. Some of them are, verbatim:

- Prohibition of visiting the place where the incident occurred, ie Wastewater sector, Las Cristinas Project IV CVG / Crystallex, located at kilometer 83 of the international route from El Dorado to Santa Elena.

- Do not leave the jurisdiction of the state of Bolivar and the country without court authorization.

- Prohibition of visiting the town of Tumeremo, municipality Sifontes.

Rangel Gómez's hand

Americo De Grazia deputy did not hesitate to accuse the governor of Bolivar state, Francisco Rangel Gómez, as responsible for the retention of Chancellor Carlos after receiving the ticket to freedom.

"There is an invisible judge called Francisco Rangel Gomez. I denounce it personally, because I know it's who has been the best political operator who has been convicted. It was he who moved all their apparatus to Chancellor was accused of the crimes of which had been exempted.
On this occasion he delayed his departure in a suspicious manner, and today the first public official who came to the Palace of Justice was Manzulli Colonel Fuentes, in his capacity as Public Safety director of the governor of Bolivar state, "he charged.

New Message
Please login to post a reply