Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

So let me get this right.

Minca sold the rights to mine Las Cristinas to Venessa for $50. Venessa sues and partially loses on the grounds that the sale was illegitimate under Venezuelan law. So now Minca sues claiming it is still the owner?

I'm no lawyer, but I can tell you what Venezuela's argument will be ... they gave up their rights to the property when they made the attempt to sell it, and successfully so, under Canadian law.

Geez, at least with Venessa, they stood the chance of getting $50. With Minca, they'll get nil. Oh sorry, forgot about the bill for the arbitration cost...

How screw up is that, losing hundreds of millions invested for $50. Let this be a lesson on integrity. Always set your course of action with your intentions and don't deviate from it. In the end, Placer Dome showed their true colors when they underhandedly made that sale to Venessa.

New Message
Please login to post a reply