Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

I know this is known but good to see.

Eni settled with Venezuela.

Conoco can be impactful like Freshfield states. I wonder if Vz has a clear idea of the award that the ICSID Tribunal is working on regarding the $30B arbitration case (I thought it was $22B)? Someone intimated to me that maybe (speculative)Vz and Conoco are in serious settlement talks and that is why we haven't heard of anything yet?

Even if they are not is any talks, it has been 15 months since the final oral hearing. We are well into and actually past the average time for an award announcement.

Something activated Chavez recently to replace his AG plus his actions relating to all of the reserve/gold actions. [watching to see if cash is physicall sent...gold is physically sent...gaceta of gold law...private investor for LC and LB]

We are starting to get reasonable statements in the press regarding Chavez's negative actions over the last few+ years. Without cooperation from Conoco and or Exxon, Vz. will never be able to pay in 30 days the mid to upper end of stated amounts of possible awards. I can see possible cash and assets offered for payment to these 2 companies, maybe even some participation in country again.

With the above said, it would seem prudent that Vz head off the future awards by settling existing cases, especially ones like,,,say,,,gold cases since he has the resource to back a settlement. Many choices for him now that will diminish the longer he waits.

Or Chavez can step on the accelerator and isolate Venezuela. Venezuela will pay, it will be less to them if they soften a bit now and negotiate settlements.

Obviously, all imo. (except historical facts)

New Message
Please login to post a reply