Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
South / El Callao / October 20, 2011 / 5:00 a.m.
Hundreds of miners felt cheated by the authorities
Cancelled meeting with ministers at Callao Khan and Ramirez

"I work in a mill in the Santa Rita mine, on the way to Peru and read the new law, with which I am not identified, because it does not seem possible that we give employment to all and would have us believe, especially since in the goldfields are defended many people with physical limitations who can not get money anywhere else and no one denies there, on the contrary, to help. The same applies to people over 40 or 50 years, who grew up with mining culture as I am still young and got my high school, "said Raul Grumeite.

"I read the decree of mining and I'm playing well, and no one is manipulating. In addition, we came here mining the entire area south of the state to give the Government the benefit of the doubt and ask you to explain the true background of the law. Therefore, when he suddenly stopped the activity, it is normal that everyone on board and feel frustrated. Indeed, many wanted to give us hope and, above all, to tell us that we work, "wielded Aníbal Acevedo, miller in Peru.

On the other hand, Minerven workers also went unanswered, as many of them were there waiting for an official statement on the desired state investment in gold, with which the new administration, headed by Franqui Skates, may cancel labor liabilities and debts you have with unions, suppliers and carriers.

Finally, it was noted that the activity will be implemented today in the same place, but at the closing of this issue that could not be ratified.

Denied access

At 12:30 pm, the gate of St. Louis club was closed, causing the displeasure of an estimated 50 miners who were unable to arrive earlier and who were being denied access. This situation threatened the event, as they shouted slogans and claim that tumbarían fencing. Therefore, Brigadier General, Pedro Giménez Quiharo Manuel, commander of 51 Infantry Brigade Jungle, went to the place and, in a civilized manner, talked with people and made the decision to allow entry.

New Message
Please login to post a reply