Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Rml, the favoured mining company of Chavez's hijackers. Are they heading for ICSID?

The Company's highlights for Q3 2011 were:

• On September 16, 2011, the Venezuelan government, through publication in the Official Gazette of Venezuela, enacted a law-decree ("the Decree") which reserves to the State of Venezuela exclusive rights for the extraction of gold in Venezuela ("the Nationalization"). According to the Decree, all Venezuelan mining assets, including those of the Company, must be transferred to a new mixed-interest enterprise ("the Mixed Enterprise"), of which private enterprises, such as the Company, cannot own more than 45%. The Decree stipulates that the Company has 90 days from September 16, 2011 to negotiate the terms and conditions of the forced migration of mining assets to the Mixed Enterprise, including any compensation to the Company for assets transferred to the Mixed Enterprise as a result of the Nationalization. With respect to the amount of any compensation to be paid to the Company by the Venezuelan government, the Decree states that it will be based upon the unamortized book value of the assets to be transferred to the Mixed Enterprise. If the Company is unable to agree upon the terms and conditions of the forced migration within the designated time period, all titles and rights to the Company's Venezuelan mining assets will revert to the Venezuelan government, provided that no extension is granted on the negotiation period. Under this scenario, the Company would have no alternative but to seek fair compensation through continued negotiations or through its rights under the bilateral investment treaty between Canada and Venezuela. (My bold underline- AR)The mining assets and operations affected relate to the Choco mine, the Isidora mine, and the Company's exploration, evaluation and development properties, which are all located in Venezuela.
New Message
Please login to post a reply