Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Why Chavez Has Not Ruled Yet

posted on May 21, 2008 06:43PM
I deal with attorneys and judges a lot. In my very first trial we were the plaintiffs and we had overwhelming evidence to win. We had everything but kept losing rulings and had to defend, defend, defend. I was shocked. I was shocked because I did not understand the game When you are the plaintiff, everything that happens before going before a judge is that the plaintiff gets viciously attacked by the defendant. It’s attack, attack, attack and the defendant can lie, steal cheat. It does not matter until the case goes before a judge. Then it starts to matter although lawyers get away with total fraud even in front of a judge. In the case of our case, I was shocked the judge did not do anything about the fraud and perjury committed by the other side. It was so flagrant that at times we would laugh in court at the absurdity of the situation and how this was so unjust. Why didn’t the judge act? It wasn’t until much later that we realized that the judge did not have one case to preside over. Typically a state judge has 50-100 cases to preside over. Imagine what your life would be like if you had that on your plate. This mining situation feels exactly like a court case before a very,very busy judge. What most absolutely do not understand is that Chavez is so busy that every waking hour he has is consumed with some kind of issue. Whereas the mining issue is ultra important, he has dozens of issues that are as important if not more. His proclivity to micromanange has made him ineffective. I remember thinking time, after time, after time what was wrong with the judge for not ruling on the obvious. I just did not appreciate just how busy and buried the judge was. Most people can’t possibly understand. I’m not excusing the judge just pointing out the reality. Attorneys know what judges go through and they try to wear down the judge. If the judge has 50-100 cases by the time he gets to your case he is pretty blasé. I don’t see any difference with Chavez. I really wonder how many people around him try to wear him down. I’ll bet a lot. I think the same dynamic holds with Chavez. He is basically the judge with 50-100 cases on his plate of which the mining issue is 1/50-1/100 of his attention. THAT IS THE REALITY .That is also what people on this forum can’t possibly understand. Unless you have lived this reality, You can’t possibly understand. Chavez has to deal with elections, referendums, Columbia, trips to Ecuador, ministers etc., etc., etc. Even if the guy wanted to take care of the mining issue right now his commitments are such that he has to make time. That is what I realized about dealing with judges. Judges will put you in a twilight zone existence. When you are in the hands of a judge you feel like nothing makes sense, nothing adds up, nothing is in your favor or seemingly so. This whole mining issue feels the same way. Exactly the same way. The reason Chavez has not already made his decision is that he is dealing with 50-100 alligators and he is busy and he wants to micromanage and everything is at a halt. Eventually he will get to this. Just like the judge did.
New Message
Please login to post a reply