Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free

Its time for Chavez to go

posted on May 28, 2008 07:24PM

This is all just my opinion so take it any way you want.

Chavez is the problem, not Ortega. Nationalisations and attacks on foreign companies have been going on with Chavez' blessing and KRY and GRZ are just the latest victims.

Chavez is following the Putin model. Take back resources and use the proceeds to buy votes. Chavez however has gone even further than Putin by trying to turn VZ into an old fashioned communist country. State ownership of pretty much everything of value. Even Putin hasn't gone that far.

Chavez must be stopped because if he gets away with this then many others will follow and we in North america are going to find ourselves in deep trouble.

Never give a sucker an even break. A resurgent Russia is behind much of what has been happening in South America. We stole their satellite countries and they are not happy. They would like nothing more than to return the favour.

The present problems with VZ are the first shots in a political and economic conflict that may very well culminate in armed conflict. In fact this may be closer than we realize. As unfortunate as that may be, we have no choice but to respond to the challenge. Our economic system is under attack and our position in the world is threatened. Chavez'intention is to weaken us and we cannot let that happen.

What does this mean for KRY? I'm thinking we may well end up holding our shares until Chavez is gone. Hopefully replaced by a friendlier regime. Maybe then we will get our mine.

New Message
Please login to post a reply