Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
Message: Gabriel Resources Ltd.: Rosia Montana Gold Corporation Should Receive the Dam Sa

Gabriel Resources Ltd.: Rosia Montana Gold Corporation Should Receive the Dam Sa

posted on Feb 04, 2009 07:11AM

Gabriel Resources Ltd.: Rosia Montana Gold Corporation Should Receive the Dam Safety Permits Immediately, According to Court Decision

ccnm

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 4, 2009) - Gabriel Resources Ltd. (TSX:GBU) -

The Bucharest Court of Appeal (the "Court") ruled yesterday in favour of Rosia Montana Gold Corporation (RMGC)'s claim against the Ministry of Environment (ME)'s unfounded refusal to issue the Endorsement and Dam Safety Permits for the Rosia Montana Project (the "Dam Safety Permits"). The Court analysed the documentation and concluded that the ME should immediately issue the Dam Safety Permits.

The National Commission on Dams Safety and Other Hydro-technical Works, through the Central Committee for Endorsement of Documentations on Dams Safety Assessment (the "Commission"), comprised of national experts and functioning under the ME, approved the documentation for the Dam Safety Permits for the Rosia Montana Project for the first time in April 2007, along with a number of other dam safety permits for unrelated projects. All of the other unrelated projects approved in April 2007 received their permits promptly. Following a specific request from the ME, the Commission reconfirmed the decision to approve RMGC's Dam Safety Permits by voting again unanimously in March 2008. Following the Commission's vote, ME, as a competent authority, was legally obligated to issue the Dam Safety Permits within 10 days of receiving the request.

Despite two separate confirmations from the Commission, the ME withheld its final signature on the Dam Safety Permits.

The dams for the Rosia Montana Project were designed by Montgomery Watson Harza in USA, a leading international dam construction engineering firm, in accordance with specific international standards and legislation, and approved on two separate occasions by the Romanian Central Committee for Endorsement of Documentations on Dams Safety Assessment.

About Gabriel Resources Ltd. / Rosia Montana Gold Corporation

Gabriel Resources is a Canadian based resource company committed to responsible mining and sustainable development in the communities in which it operates. Gabriel is currently engaged in the exploration and development of mineral properties in Romania and is presently engaged in the development of its 80% owned Rosia Montana gold project. For more information please visit the Company's website at www.gabrielresources.com.

To date, Gabriel Resources has invested over USD 350 million through RMGC and plans to spend more than USD 2.5 billion in Romania to develop and operate the Rosia Montana Mining Project.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:

Gabriel Resources Ltd.
(416) 955-9200

New Message
Please login to post a reply