Welcome to the Crystallex HUB on AGORACOM

Crystallex International Corporation is a Canadian-based gold company with a successful record of developing and operating gold mines in Venezuela and elsewhere in South America

Free
LMD
Jan 27, 2010 11:00AM

Along with DDZ, ZSL, DTO, SRS and a few other short and long ETF's mostly did really well trading direxion 3X ETF's very risky, very volatile of late, trading the short side for the last few months mostly DRV, TZA, EDZ, TYP, FAZ, buying a few Ks on the short side selling and switching to 100 or a few hundred on the opp. long side, the swing could be huge intra day or week, good for day trading at time you may have to hold, I am currently out of all bear positions (may be way early but cashed in on 10%+ to 30%+ profits) started to buy in on the small cap, Latin and china bull, small position will avg. down on any drop and trade a few hundred shares daily DRN, TYH, BGU, MWJ and EDC depending on further decline will be my next buy, find once I hold it even a little will start to accumulate, I'm posting these high risk ETF's only because they have done well for me over the last six months or so, going forward you can get slammed either way, bull or bear side, over time I've learnt when to get in or out even with a small lost (live to fight another day) sometimes if you choose to hold overnight you could have big gap down or gap up on the open depending on news or economic factors since these are specific sectors traded all or some can be affected at any given time, be careful with these since the will move 300% up or down to the index or sector you are in, if you are new to this, before investing real money watch it for a while, get comfortable with the volatility, and stay on top of it, you can get $10.00 and 10% swings on the bull and bear side intra day and much more weekly, the daily holding for each etf can be found on the web site, take the time to review all, although these can be risky they can be a lot of fun if you are making the right call, I tend to be contrarian. good luck to those that may give try these, let me know only if you did well

http://www.direxionshares.com/etfs

Symbol Fund Index/Benchmark Daily Target Bloomberg Index Symbol
Bull
BGU Daily Large Cap Bull 3x Shares Russell 1000 300% RIY
MWJ Daily Mid Cap Bull 3x Shares Russell Midcap Index 300% RMC
TNA Daily Small Cap Bull 3x Shares Russell 2000 300% RTY
ERX Daily Energy Bull 3x Shares Russell 1000 Energy 300% RGUSEL
FAS Daily Financial Bull 3x Shares Russell 1000 Financial Services 300% RGUSFL
DRN Daily Real Estate Bull 3x Shares MSCI US REIT Index 300% RMZ
TYH Daily Technology Bull 3X Shares Russell 1000 Technology Index 300% RGUSTL
DZK Daily Developed Markets Bull 3X Shares MSCI EAFE Index 300% MXEA
CZM Daily China Bull 3x Shares BNY China Select ADR Index 300% BKTCN
EDC Daily Emerging Markets Bull 3X Shares MSCI Emerging Markets Index 300% MXEF
LBJ Daily Latin America Bull 3x Shares S&P Latin America 40 Index 300% SPLAC
TYD Daily 10-Year Treasury Bull 3x Shares NYSE Arca Current 10-Year U.S. Treasury Index 300% AXTEN
TMF Daily 30-Year Treasury Bull 3x Shares NYSE Arca Current 30-Year U.S. Treasury Index 300% AXTHR
Bear
BGZ Daily Large Cap Bear 3x Shares Russell 1000 -300% RIY
MWN Daily Mid Cap Bear 3x Shares Russell Midcap Index -300% RMC
TZA Daily Small Cap Bear 3x Shares Russell 2000 -300% RTY
ERY Daily Energy Bear 3x Shares Russell 1000 Energy -300% RGUSEL
FAZ Daily Financial Bear 3x Shares Russell 1000 Financial Services -300% RGUSFL
DRV Daily Real Estate Bear 3x Shares MSCI US REIT Index -300% RMZ
TYP Daily Technology Bear 3X Shares Russell 1000 Technology Index -300% RGUSTL
DPK Daily Developed Markets Bear 3X Shares MSCI EAFE Index -300% MXEA
CZI Daily China Bear 3x Shares BNY China Select ADR Index -300% BKTCN
EDZ Daily Emerging Markets Bear 3x Shares MSCI Emerging Markets Index -300% MXEF
LHB Daily Latin America Bear 3x Shares S&P Latin America 40 Index -300% SPLAC
TYO Daily 10-Year Treasury Bear 3x Shares NYSE Arca Current 10-Year U.S. Treasury Index -300% AXTEN
TMV Daily 30-Year Treasury Bear 3x Shares NYSE Arca Current 30-Year U.S. Treasury Index -300% AXTHR
New Message
Please login to post a reply