Nevada, northwestern Turkey, and Labrador

Gold exploration & development - advancing big deposits with production potential.

Free
Message: Mr. Troy Fierro Joins Fronteer as Chief Operating Officer

Mr. Troy Fierro Joins Fronteer as Chief Operating Officer

posted on Apr 22, 2009 07:59AM
April 22, 2009
Mr. Troy Fierro Joins Fronteer as Chief Operating Officer
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - April 22, 2009) - Fronteer Development Group Inc. (TSX:FRG)(NYSE Alternext US:FRG)(NYSE Amex:FRG.A) is pleased to announce the appointment of Troy J. Fierro as Chief Operating Officer ("COO"), a newly created executive position strengthening the Company's operational and mine-development expertise and focus.

"We have built a pipeline of robust projects and a healthy treasury to fund their advancement toward potential production," says Dr. Mark O'Dea, Fronteer President and CEO. "We are very pleased Mr. Fierro has joined our team as it greatly strengthens our operational expertise and clearly demonstrates our intent and ability to advance projects toward production."

As COO, Mr. Fierro will provide leadership in mine development, including engineering and design, mine construction, project start-up and operations management. Mr. Fierro is a proven operator and his appointment as COO will add significant mining experience to our current team as Fronteer transitions towards gold production.

Mr. Fierro has more than 25 years of industry experience. He has previously held senior mining roles with Metallica Resources Inc. and Coeur d'Alene Mines, including overseeing the development, construction or management of mines in Nevada, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Alaska. Most recently, at Metallica Resources, he played the lead role in the construction of the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico, Metallica's first operating asset.

Fronteer's Nevada pipeline includes Long Canyon, a gold deposit commencing engineering and metallurgical work in 2009; Northumberland, a former operating mine showing clear development potential; and, Sandman, a property which Newmont USA Limited ("Newmont"), a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, has the option of advancing to a production decision by June 2011.

"I am very pleased to be associated with a company that has the depth of experience at both the management and board level. I believe Fronteer presents an excellent opportunity to translate the company's portfolio into exceptional shareholder gains through rapid and efficient development of existing and potential new mining projects," says Mr. Fierro. "Working with this strong, experienced leadership team will be beneficial to our shareholders as we enter a period of progressive growth, providing a solid platform from which to create long-term, sustainable value for all our shareholders."

Mr. Fierro has also served as a board member of the Nevada Mining Association and the Northwest Mining Association.
New Message
Please login to post a reply