Welcome To The FuelPositive Company HUB On AGORACOM

Free
Message: traveler9/Serge, What Happened to the BS You Posted in EEstor Slack La La Land?

"I really think that EEStor will be my biggest success in my career and by far"

"EEStor is not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN"

This is what traveler9 posted in Dickee Scott, The Texas Boor's EEstor Slack La La Land (SB is traveler9/Serge, I.C. is Ian Clifford):

Posted 8/08/17

traveler9 [11:27 AM]
"So, here I am with my questions to Ian when I traveled from Montreal to Austin Texas to visit the plant and to sit down with Ian. (The Q&A below is paraphrased and my recollection of our conversations. But I hope you’ll get the general idea)

S.B. (not a mistake. I don't need to hide my name. Some will recognize me from this) Ian, when I first invested in the company, the business plan was based on 2 different applications: the high voltage capacitors with its ~$2.8B market as well as a small part of the grid with its ~$23B market. That’s the part that I called the “bread and butter”. In my mind, you already have reached the results for these applications. On top of this, we have the home run: an energy density factor high enough to replace lead-acid batteries and possibly even lithium-ion batteries which was the Grand Slam (lithium). I was waiting for a partnership with a major for the bread and butter and it hasn’t happened yet. Can you explain why?

I.C. Look Serge, when we met with certain groups and they realized what we were working on related to high energy density, their reaction was similar: high voltage capacitors are of interest, but what is truly the most compelling technology for these particular  companies is built around high energy density solutions, the outcome being: we want to be involved in what you call the home run, not the bread and butter. Also keep in mind that we don't have unlimited means and we only have a small group of people, so we can't work on everything. With our results over the past 6 months, we have decided to focus on the most meaningful opportunities for our shareholders.

S.B. Can you tell me the names of the company you intend to work with when the time comes to commercialize the technology?

I.C. Is this a serious question, Serge? You know me better than this. I can't disclose this kind of information and you know that more than I.
My own and humble comment on this: The way I understand it, the company will be doing business with the “majors of the majors” in the world, all the companies who use energy at all ends of the spectrum, Google is a good example and I know that Ian really likes their way of working. These are the real guys he wants to do business with...I'm pretty confident on this. Also, you can think about names like Apple, Tesla for sure, all the biggest who are involved in all the applications that the technology can address. So, all the majors in the world are good candidates.

S.B. I've heard you say, quite a few times, that when you get really secure with the range of proven results you're looking for, you will push the button. What do you mean exactly by “pushing the button”?
I.C. It means that we will relaunch the company with a completely new image: We will issue a lot of relevant PR’s; some about the results (proven), others about all the applications that we can address with our technology, in which fields of activity, the name of the majors we are doing business with or aim to do business with, etc. But all this will go through a very strategic agency that we are still deciding on. The last thing I want to do today is release the first PR and then have months go by without anything else being said. When we will start, there will be an ongoing sequence of PR’s about everything I just told you about. So waiting forever for disclosure won't happen! I'm too aware of the past of this company to make such a mistake."

traveler9 [11:33 AM]
"Sorry Slack doen't take too long posts.

S.B. You just talked about an agency? What do you exactly mean by an agency? What would be the use of this agency?

I.C. Serge, this launch is about potentially one of the more disruptive technologies across multiple industries, so we will want to relaunch the company with the proper planning and support that goes in to a successful launch.  We want to find a leading strategic PR/IR Agency that will organize our relaunch like any leading technology is launched. We will mandate an Agency who can spread the message around the world. The world of energy storage is full of confusing stories and competing claims. We need to rise above this in the most structured and powerful way possible. And we are seeking the appropriate agency to help us achieve that goal.

My own and humble comment, on this: This is only an impression but Ian, I think, has already started his research to find this Agency. What do you think? Would he waste time and energy to be looking, at this stage, for an Agency if he wasn't sure that he has or will get satisfying results.  1 + 1 = 2
I could go for many other questions, but what we need to know as investors is mostly there. I couldn't get any other information since Ian is so protective with information and I support him being like this. I was mad about this before I went to Texas; now I completely understand and support his strategy 100%.
My feeling, when I came back from there was: EEStor is not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN. As an investor, and not the easiest one,  I was delighted with Ian's accuracy in his answers and I really had the feeling that they have already obtained amazing results...but it's only my humble opinion. Finally, I can say that I was even more delighted by the company itself and its business plan. I really think that EEStor will be my biggest success in my career and by far.
I can try to answer all your questions, but don't ask me about the time frame or any other results; I wait for that as much as you do...and probably more than most of you. I would suggest you to follow my decision from when I came back from Texas:
"Sit back, relax, enjoy summer and the beautiful sun" if you have one, not like in Quebec...lol!"
New Message
Please login to post a reply