Free

Jul 03, 2008 06:15AM

Jul 03, 2008 06:17AM

Jul 03, 2008 08:48AM
Jul 03, 2008 12:39PM

Jul 04, 2008 07:21AM

Jul 04, 2008 07:46AM

Not quite:

In spite of how we have a tendency to characterize things in black and white, things usually are not so.

Venezuela, and Minister Ortega in particular, do make mistakes and they are mistakes from our perspective. I say, try to look at the situation from their perspective and it will give you a hint of how one should view things objectively.

Chavez, Ortega and the rest are trying their best with what they have and that is coloured by their life experienes. Hence thay react and often over react to what they perceive as exploitation.

Our share price now is as low as is has been for a long time with many of us seeing only red blood flowing, but we have had a few indirect positive signs.

The base of the positivity are the local people - They want these projects to go ahead.

Ortega though spitting venom on occasion, has some problems and as a result may not be around to provide a negative voice.

Chavez is about to make some compensation payments to some evicted locals and will be doing so personally, so he is taking adventage of every photo-op. The payments plus his photo-op means to me that he will also want to make a big deal out of the projects being given a go ahead. Another round of elections to come in the fall so another great opportunity for The Man to be in front of the people. I see it as a chance for us to get out permits in order and for him to take a bow.

It seems darkest just before sun rise, Cheers.

Jul 23, 2008 04:19PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply