Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

The problem with ECU as I see it

posted on Feb 12, 2008 04:51PM

First and foremost, it's the same problem that has hit so many other juniors, pretty hard to fight that kind of a tide.

Many potential investors see ECU as a future buy, as more of the resources move up from the inferred category and more of that impressive potential moves into inferred or higher.

Having seen what the share price has done over the last 18 months or so on favorable NR's, including the recent 43-101 release, I can understand why there is no rush to get in.

Think back to the (many) days prior to the release of the 43-101, remember how many posters (and certainly not the bashers), were so preoccupied with when the NR would come, would it come on a "good" day or a "bad" day.  Seeing a plethora of such posts, I was fairly confident that upon release of the news (unless off the charts either positivley or negatively), we'd have a strong, but brief run-up, followed by determined selling.  Many were playing this like Latisha, but were not so obvious as to make posts which disclose exactly what they were trying to do.  Obviously, many posters, and therefore, by inference, many other owners of ECU stock as well, were planning on selling the day of the NR.  Those of us who like the story, essentially sat tight, and certainly few of us had the resources to go in and buy more, especially as the price initially rose.

I think, as most here do, that we move with the majority of the mining juniors, at least until many more ounces are upgraded or discovered.  The excitement which this stock enjoyed as it moved from .30 to $3.60 is hard to duplicate.  Those were the "courting" days for this stock, plenty of sex appeal.  Apparently, a marriage then occurred, duh, what's next.  Fast forward to a mid-life crisis, created by these doldrums, and now the stock needs to find a sexy new mistress to once again rev its engines.  I'll leave that to Altmann and Roy, I'm confident they'll know where to look.

New Message
Please login to post a reply