Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Re: Is the bottom in?...charting

posted on Feb 17, 2008 02:28PM

Charts, as you point out, gives you an edge...and I agree but certainly I am far from being comfortable with them. I like that chart that ESL just posted and it makes sense. Pic, you posted a chart some time ago that gave ECU a potential upside by July I believe , to around $15....I very much liked that chart as well. I aso remember seeing a chart last Sept. that had ECU in a "diamond morphing into a bullish rising wedge"...unfortunately it failed prediction miserably. I've fiddled around making up my own simple charts and they predict a sharp rise in ECU imminently...but I am wary of my own capabilites as a navigator of sorts.

I guess one of the considerations I am making room for at this time is the compression aspect of the downside in the juniors accounting the manipulation angle (black boxes, naked shots, shorts, media, etc.). This can not be charted as far as I am aware. So, being an unrealistic optimist, I think the bounce to the upside could be breathtaking . Colour me gold/silver.

But there is something else that is most unpredictable at this particular time...Political shock. Something may be on the horizon that will blow charting out of the water as it is totally unpredictable. That may be a shock in the US involving a sudden, dramatic upheaval in the Administration of Governnment and concomitantly, the economy. I think you know what I am referring to.

There are those who think this will cause a complete capitulation of all investments, including the PMs and their stocks. I am from the camp that believes the opposite. I think the commercial signal failure at hand, underpinned by a flight, nay, panic for real assets, will propel the pms to the moon.

At any rate, I happen to think you chart predicitng $15 ECU by July is most realistic considering the above.

New Message
Please login to post a reply