Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

another day for the books

posted on Jul 15, 2008 06:56AM

Go figure. The big kahunas are on TV today to present their spin, and the PPT has no chance to do their thing with the markets which are at the mercy of the technicals-driven hedge funds right now, but the PPT still can and does have the ability to crush the thinly traded mining sector and thats what they went after today.

I know, I know... I am just making all of this up! LOL, we all know the government is full of nice, honest people doing the right thing all the time. No way there would be one agency out there empowered to trick investors by rigging the trading? Go back to sleep, or go find a home on SH where they welcome the clueless, if you cannot see what is going on.

Today I have exactly one junior on my screen that is trading higher. One. Out of about 50 stocks, one has managed to enjoy the higher silver and gold prices on the day. Silver has broken back above $19 and gold is one hiccup away from breaching the $1000 barrier again. And the forward looking market has responded yet again by selling off the one sub-sector that actually has positive fundamentals still working for it. I guess I have my tinfoil hat on too tight this morning, it just looks very suspicious to me.

Who wants to bet if they succeed on closing the HUI in the red today that gold will be hammered in the session tomorrow? Anyone?

BTW, I am not bitter. I covered my Naz short this morning for a fat profit and made back the money I lost yesterday. I am very disgusted that the markets are a complete scam however, and deeply concerned for the future because its obvious the intervention is losing control and the freefall that is coming has the potential to undermine everything. I think we will be seeing long line-ups at banks as people flee with their savings, and line-ups of people waiting to buy bullion are not that far away either, except there will be none to be had. Silver taught us that lesson earlier this year. When people decide they need to own it, there is not enough to go around.

This is going to be a wild summer folks. Better get used to it.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply