Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Looks as if Scottrade doesn't have a Toronto exchange participating broker.

As a follow up to the ECUXF US symbol, not all US brokers handle Toronto trades the same way. As Schwab has told me, some US brokers will buy Canadian stocks to keep in inventory and sell out of it to US customers. Others, like Schwab, route trades for Canadian stocks directly to the Canadian exchange where their participating broker will execute the trade directly on the Canadian exchange. I've done it a lot.

These are not separate shares for US customers as some believe but the same shares as those bought by Canadians. They carry a different symbol signifying place of origin.

Through Schwab's web site, I can get ECU current price to the hundredth of a penny. To buy, I simply bid roughly a half-cent above the ask, since shares below a buck carry a half-penny additional commission per share, over a buck a full penny. Vig for the Canadian broker. Have usually been filled within seconds using ECUXF.

New Message
Please login to post a reply