Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

If not now...soon. R.Russell

posted on Jun 02, 2009 07:18AM

There have been several comments that gold may be in for a slight drubbing imminently before it takes off, as R. Russell mentions below and Bill Murphy noted last night in LeMetropole Café. It is THE big question right now. It’s a toss up right here. Whatever happens, the overwhelming theory from most of gold’s admirers is that we are on the doorstep of the third, parabolic leg up for gold. And what about silver…the mule? But don’t ask Jon “the natterer” Nadler (don’t ya just love that nut?), I’m siding with Sinclair, Armstrong, Murphy, Embry and others. I’m thinking mid-June at the latest for the run to start. If it’s before that, so much the better. Those who sold in May, may regret it this year.

ECU looks good here, especially if gold is for real. If not, I’m not sure that a short pullback in the PMs will affect it much unless the shorts are planning a all out, last gasp attack. This should be a most exciting summer indeed!

Written by Richard Russell - Dow Theory Letters | Tuesday, 02 June 2009 05:12

Partial comment from the lengthy daily comment by Richard Russell of Dow theory Letters.

"just as the current primary bear trend cannot be manipulated or reversed (in stocks), I believe the same process pertains to the bull market in gold. I know that gold is the enemy of the world's central banks, and that the banks have been manipulating the price of gold (attempting to put a ceiling on the price). Nevertheless, the gold bull market is fated to run to conclusion. Nothing the central banks can do will halt the coming third phase in gold. The gold bull market will fully express itself, which is why I believe a third, wildly speculative phase of the gold bull market will ultimately materialize.

Remember, gold is international and is owned by nations and populations around the world. Much as it would like to, the Fed cannot halt the primary trend of gold anymore than it can halt a bear market in stocks or the economy.

Speaking of gold, which is one of my Big Three, gold is now in a very interesting position, as seen in the daily chart below. You can see a giant inverted head-and-shoulders pattern, with gold now working its way up the right shoulder. The multi-billion dollar question is this -- will gold continue to climb up its right shoulder and then break out above the resistance at 103? Gold is overbought now, and it would not be surprising if it backed off, prior to the final attack on the highs. But as you can see ... gold is in a potentially explosive position.

New Message
Please login to post a reply