Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Re: health care/ Canada/ U.S...a question...Major D

posted on Jul 21, 2009 08:27PM

The health care system, here in Quebec, is financed by a payroll tax paid exclusivly by the employer. I do not know whether the G has to contribute more but i would assume that there is a cost.

As far as prescriptions drugs are concerned, they are not covered. Most people have private insurance via their employers to cover such cost, along with dental, but the elderly are part of a G plan whereas they basically pay 10 cents on the dollar or so, to a ridicuously low yearly max. Then it's free. There is a cost of app. $250 / year when making your income tax report.

Our system is not perfect, far from it, but the stories of waiting times are grossly exagerated. As I mentioned before, no more families loosing fortunes. When my wife was hospitalized a few months ago all she had to do was to show her orange medicare card. Didn't pay a penny, priceless.... And the services were VERY professionnal.

It just botherers me when American politicians use our system to show how medicare doesn't work here cause of the waiting time. That is simply not true.

Later

New Message
Please login to post a reply