Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

I haven't changed my mind. I said all along I hate dilution but understand the necessity of it. My post was right after the announcement.

I don't like any dilution, but I don't mind this at all. It was rumoured that the latest selloff was because the market and some institutions were selling in hopes of a placement. I am very happy to see that this is fully subscribed and that any recent shorting will not be covered by shares from a placement. Maybe this will finally get that gorilla off our back. The company should be cash-flow positive going forward and this will give them a little cushion for exploration. I really hope that they follow this up with an announcement to begin the deep drilling and garner some excitement and anticipation back into this play.

I stick by those words.

I don't think Frank had any inside information. He either looked at the financials and saw the obvious...they didn't have enough ,money to carry them to get the mills to full production and cash-flow positive...or he was talking to one of the institutions that were shorting the stock (IMO) to cover with the PP. Thank god that didn't happen. ECU apparently had many calls from institutions to do the financing. I am very happy that they stuck it to them. If some loyal shareholders got a bit of a bargain...then so be it. As for the apparent non-US dissemination...I can only imagine they nade a few calls and filled the amount they needed without having to do it.

I hope that the recent buying is also some of the loyal shareholders supporting the SP...something that would not have been done by institutions.

Here's hoping that we continue to climb and and blast thru a dollar. I can see no reason going forward for a PP except in the case of building a large mill expansion. In that case I am hoing they sell forward some of that billion oz of silver (which is worth more every day) and become the larger producer they are destined to be.

New Message
Please login to post a reply