Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Hi Lawnbowler

I suspect that when 'it' happens, it will also mark the end of several exchanges, banks, ETFs, and the odd reserve currency, so I understand why the powers that be will do whatever they can to keep the music playing. However supressing the POG and the POS will also supress the quantity produced until shortages which can no longer be covered by central banks occur. At one point I thought that 'it' would be a large gold purchaser creating a public stink over how it was stiffed by whomever, but that would only drive the POG up before they had purchased, so it would be in their best interest to keep quiet about it.

Now I think that 'it' will most likely be a large consumer of silver, some business which has no choice but to use silver in the manufacturer of its products. The gold purchaser would be an invester or speculator who could afford to time his purchase, but the silver consumer would be forced to cast about, more and more openly and desperately for silver. When he is ultimately unable to ship his product, it will be news and the talking heads will be asked why. For example, Apple can't ship new iphones or the ones they do ship catch fire ... hmmm.

Like all of us, I'm looking forward to the POG, POS, and ECU rising dramatically when 'it' happens, but I'm also rather nervous too. When TSHTF we're all likely to get splashed to some degree, and many will suffer greatly.

Wannabe

New Message
Please login to post a reply