Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

JMHO but I think the Chief is blowing a bit of smoke here. As the founder of a website that may be consider a competitor to Agora, I have no issue with the success and popularity of their model, nor any other website for a retail investment community, including Trading Chief. I think all of these forums provide a useful outlet for discussion, and I think it goes without saying that all investors bear the ultimate responsibility for their investment choices, regardless of the intensity of rhetoric on some bullboard. To suggest that Agora and George must police the forums is a bit misleading.

When there are a million posts a day, how can you be sure that there are not multiple posting IDs? What if several people are using the same public computer in a chat room or a public library? There would be different screen names popping up with the same IP if my limited understanding of technology is correct.

I think the Chief should stay with what he does best and just analyse trading opportunities. It looks like sour grapes to me that he would sound off and attack Agora when it is down. Chief, if you are resentful that Agora has more posts, then perhaps it is more to do with the fact that Agoracom does not charge a membership fee, and has attracted many legitimate posters to their forums.

Again, I have a website too, so my comments are not necessarily unbiaded either. As a contributor to Agoracom I have always felt the biz model was sound and I think this entire bunfight with the OSC is an over-reaction. And for full disclosure, I have never been paid a penny or any other form of compensation to post here. I suspect there are many others like myself that are legitimate individuals willing to share their comments, and THAT is what makes Agoracom worth reading. If there were paid aliases at work, it did not swing me in my decisions and I have no animosity whatsoever to the forum.

I respect George and what he and his group have done. I also respect the Chief and his website. I do not think it is appropriate to be sniping from the sidelines in this issue. Let the regulators waste everyone's time if they must.

cheers!

mike

aka MexicoMike

aka Coach247

New Message
Please login to post a reply