Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Hi Guys!

One tough fact that has taken me some time to deal with is that the world is full of different personality types and people see the same things but interpret what they see in widely different ways. There are rational people and there are nuts, and there are many others that fit the spectrum between those extremes. As individuals we get to make choices in life on how we see the world, what decisions are the best to manage what we see, and on how to fit in with all the others we encounter from day to day. The internet has perhaps complicated things by making far more information available and increasing the number of ways that we have to communicate with others, but in general the same life decisions will apply.

There are those who will seek to enrich themselves at the expense of all others, and there are those that freely give their time and experience in the hope to help others. These are decisions that we get to make every day. What we cannot control is how others will interpret our efforts.

If you post frequently, and wade in to contraversial topics, then eventually you will find yourself at odds with someone. No matter how pure your intentions, or how honestly you believe what you may be trying to communicate, someone somewhere is going to be offended or threatened by what you have to say. And they will attack you for it.

I spent a few years in the boxing ring. I never back away from a fight. When you look someone in the eyes and throw down there is respect and honesty. Somehow online communication has lost that dignity. Grimy sociopaths lurk under shady rocks and will tear down what you build if you let them.

We can choose to withdraw and become a smaller target. That is the objective of those who would bully and intimidate others. Or, we can accept that some people will not see the world as we do, and carry on nonetheless.

I have been posting on these public websites for many years, and am a founder of my own website. It used to be very distressing when I found my comments here or elsewhere were being intentionally misquoted, misrepresented, or dishonestly disputed. Some would even make hostile remarks or state deliberate lies. I have come to understand that you can only go through life with your own best efforts to live to your own chosen core values. You cannot control what others say or do, or how they respond.

If you value what you do, and if you carry on with the right intentions, then it does not matter if a tiny minority of people try to find fault with your efforts. By all means, take a break from posting if that is your choice. But never let the bastards get you down.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply