Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Argoz;

I love your numbers - being an engineer, I love all these numbers. I love to see the limits and boundaries of things that numbers bring; however, your first sentence may have been closer to the correct answer, because while your numbers finally value ECU correctly, I feel they do an injustice to the price of silver!

"With manias it is hard to say how unrealistic values could get."

Your time frame for seeing ECU valued for one billion ounces must be longer than two years from now I would imagine, as this resource must be first proven, and then audited. But by this time, what will the price of silver be?

It won't be $25, certainly.

If silver was to be properly valued two years from now, you would have to take the gold price two years hence and divide by 16. Even a conservative estimate for gold in two years puts it above $1600, but let's use that number as an example. A fair silver price is now $100 and ECUs 30% valuation is not $7.5 billion, but four times that! At the current number of shares we have a share price of $96 and your average sale value is $64 per share.

You can still buy only 0.64 oz of physical silver though! But you somehow feel richer because the numbers are bigger. But what if silver is not available in two years?!

In Ziggy's, (Ted Butler's friend's), world, the price of silver is only limited by demand which could put the price of silver at 10 times (or more) of fair value. (ie.$1000 per ounce) And further, if the $US hyper-deflates to ZERO in 2 years, being itself FAIRLY valued, then the silver price goes to infinity! Where are our boundaries then??? Time to start using Canadian Dollars perhaps? lol

I love numbers (did I mention that?), especially BIG numbers!

Have a great weekend everyone, (with dreams of BIG dollar signs everywhere)...

lotus petals,

gildage

New Message
Please login to post a reply