Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: ECU Silver Uncovers New Mineralization at Santa Juana Mine
November 8, 2010
ECU Silver Uncovers New Mineralization at Santa Juana Mine
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 8, 2010) - ECU Silver Mining Inc. (TSX:ECU) is pleased to announce that it has uncovered additional new mineralization in the upper levels of the Santa Juana mine located in the main Velardena Property.

The A-2 vein was recently opened on level 15.5 over a strike length of 127 meters grading 4.90 grams per tonne (g/t) gold (Au), 386 g/t silver (Ag), 2.55% lead (Pb) and 1.72% zinc (Zn) over an average width of 0.86 meters, including a section that graded 10.47 g/t Au, 354 g/t Ag, 4.93% Pb and 6.39% Zn over 1.10 meters.

The new mineralization was discovered in an upper level of the Santa Juana mine which currently extends from level 12 to level 19. The Company's NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate includes only a portion of the A-2 vein which was previously opened for only 40 meters. The reported portion was classified as measured resources grading 3.05 g/t gold, 240 g/t silver, 0.77% lead and 0.49% zinc over 1 meter. The remaining 87 meters are in addition to the reported mineral resources.

Michel Roy, CEO and Chairman of ECU stated, "Once again this new resource block provides further evidence that we continue to open mineralized areas that prove to be either higher grade or larger widths or both, than what is reported in our mineral resource report. In this case, higher grades were realized plus an additional section that extends almost 70% beyond the reported mineral resource section. This new mineralization is in the heart of the developed area of our most important mining unit, Santa Juana."

Cautionary Statements

Readers are cautioned that until a prefeasibility study is completed, there are no assurances these latest mineralized zones will be economically viable.

All widths are true widths. Samples were assayed at the ERSA laboratory in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico which is currently in the process of being certified. Mr. Michel Roy, P. Geo., a "qualified person" within the meaning of NI 43-101, prepared the technical information disclosed in this news release.

About ECU Silver

ECU Silver Mining Inc. is focused on the exploration, development and mining of gold, silver and base metals at its Velardena District Properties in Durango, Mexico. The Company holds a NI 43-101 compliant mineral resource of 40 million silver equivalent (0.6 million gold equivalent) ounces in the measured and indicated category and 391 million silver equivalent (6.0 million gold equivalent) ounces in the inferred category. The Company also owns two mills with a combined capacity of 820 tonnes per day. ECU's mission is to become a pre-eminent silver and gold producer through the development of its existing and potential mineral resources at Velardena.

New Message
Please login to post a reply