Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Safety- The old vs. the new

It's beginning to look to me as if the 30 year bond has made a double top, and will continue to fall for a number of years now. This is where the true bubble is in. Now if the 30 year is in the midst of deflating(see! we do have deflation((housing,employment,bonds,federal reserve confidence)), where are these assets going to find a safe place? After all, this money was in treasuries because it was safe, not a speculative investment! Investors know realize real estate is not "safe", they found out stocks are not "safe" with nasdaq bubble. I think we are in the early stages of a crack up boom of finding "safety". I think many investors are going to look at historical charts and say you have to get out quick with metals as they look at the price of gold in 1980, however, I think we are many years away yet from a peak in the metals as the peak will be much closer to when these miners pay dividends and the elderly buy the miners for that such reason-safety.

Can anyone tell me what the yield is on a Japenese 10 year bond? If the Japenese have a sniff, they've been in deflation for a long time, so maybe they need a bite of it too, of inflation, then where is all that money going to find a home??? I'm sure it will find itself in the Japenese stock market and precious metals.

Some friends(americans) occasionally ask me where to invest money. I tell them diversifcation is important. I ask them if they would invest all their 401k money in one stock? They reply "no way, that's crazy". I agree, and ask them how come all your currency is in US dollar bills?? And, how come every single neigbor on the street have all their currency in dollar bills?? They become a little queezy, and say "well, its the safest currency in the world!" Now that Americans are waking up, that the US dollar is not the safest currency, where is that money going to find a home? Stocks and Precious metals??

I stick to my belief that the mistake most people will make, is selling their ECU and precious metals way way too early. All your friends that you tell to invest in ECU , you have to disclaim that it is not entirely safe, and kind of risky! Your friends are starting to become curious because you have been right for a number of years after having been looked at as some quack! The friends that do decide to put a buck or two in ECU put it in with the words "this is just throw away money anyhow".

I would recommend selling ECU only when it becomes that dangerous word-Safe!

New Message
Please login to post a reply