Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: Pic, You and I were to early in selling some gpr.....EOM

Hi pic,

Nice bundle from your GPL trade. Good for you. I hope the gain is long-term and not short-term because, as I'm sure you know, if it's the latter, Uncle Sam will want his usual big cut.

It's 15% tax generally on long-term and regular tax on short term, as you know, and it's what has kept me from selling much of anything unless I'm finished with it and moving on to something else as it looks like you intend to do with some of it.

If I make 12 grand short term, for example, the tax man takes roughly between 3 and 4 thousand, all things considered. If I'm trading that stock hoping to get back in at a lower price, it has to come down quite a bit just for me to get even on the tax, and if it doesn't pull back much and I have to buy back in at a higher price, I've lost the difference plus I still owe the tax.

I've hardly ever been able to overcome that, which is why I gave up in-and-out trading of the same stock.

Unlike ECU, GPL seems to be tied to the silver price running hard with it each way up and down, which may be why you may be able to get back in a good bit lower, especially if the silver price gets clocked. At least to cover the tax plus a hefty extra. Good trading to you. As for me, I'm still holding.

New Message
Please login to post a reply