Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

The last weeks or so really has the smell of a trapped short who is both officially and probably too a much large extent naked short. I would guess based on the official short position they are trapped short at .70-.75 cents with no outlook to cover other than taking a huge loss.

They know the company will be drilling on 3 fronts shortly plus increasing production and I'm sure they fear a doubling of the resource over the next 8-10 months. They still think they can scare people from the story and are preying on both retail investors and smallish funds who have less staying power. It's my view that ECU has had more than one serious long term buyer stepping up lately, probably 3-4, and this has prevented the stock from being overrun even with the best afforts to run the retail people out.

This will end and I don't think the shorts will get there wish this time as the clock is ticking on them and when it turns ECU will make a quick run to 1.60 with probably a short stop before heading right to 1.90 and it's not far off with the only caveat being a gold/silver correction of significance which probably what the shorts are playing time for as all else is going against them now.

New Message
Please login to post a reply