Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Mar 11, 2011 11:48AM

Hi Cockerel!

Moriarty is way out of line with his comments. The fact that another individual may disagree with his personal point of view does not make that person a 'liar'. One is lying if they represent an opinion that is contrary to their core beliefs. I read that article in question that has Moriarty with his shorts in a knot, and while I do not agree with every point it has addressed, I do not consider it any of it to be fundamentally untrue. It is an extreme opinion, but not necessarily a lie.

The problem with people like Moriarty and Ikna Klown is they have lost perspective and take themselves too seriously and the market too lightly. They consider themselves all-knowing and attack others who do not conform to their own beliefs. This sort of hubris happens all the time. You do not become a smarter person when you proclaim that someone else is stupid.

Some people have come to think that markets (and individual stocks) must set a new high each and every day or else something is wrong. A more realistic approach is to understand that there is an ebb and flow to all trading. People are irrational and make mistakes, misinterpret information, and fall in love with their own expetations. There is nothing wrong with accepting volatility as a normal part of our market.

So what if silver is due to pull back. Many thought so at $25 and again at $30. If we finally got that pull back at $35 it does not mean the top is in, and that $50 can no longer be a realistic outcome, OR that anyone who still thinks $50 is coming must be a liar.

As for ECU, I was a buyer @ $1.11, again at $1.07, and again today @ $1 even. These are trading longs that I will look to vend on the next phase of bullish sentiment. I believe the stock is cheap at this price and have put my money on the line to back up my personal expectation. Others may act on the opposite outlook. This agenda that some people have to make it personal is a joke. People living in glass houses are throwing far too many rocks.

cheers!

mike

Mar 11, 2011 02:56PM
Mar 11, 2011 09:31PM
New Message
Please login to post a reply