Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
March 17, 2011
ECU Silver Continues to Develop the Terneras West Mine
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - March 17, 2011) - ECU Silver Mining Inc. (TSX:ECU) is pleased to announce that it has encountered new high grade mineralization in the Terneras West Mine through further development along the vein structure. The Terneras West Mine is located on the main Velardena Property.

The vein was opened for another 89 meters (294 feet) and yielded an average of 3.45 grams per tonne (g/t) gold (Au), 440 g/t silver (Ag), 4.90% lead (Pb) and 2.48% zinc (Zn) over a width of 0.37 meters (1.2 feet). The best portion was the last 15 meters (50 feet) which averaged 7.34 g/t Au, 2060 g/t Ag, 18.15% Pb and 3.67% Zn over an average width of 0.25 meters (0.8 feet), including the last cut of 7.54 g/t Au, 5541 g/t Ag, 37.3% Pb and 1.8% Zn over 0.25 meters (0.8 feet)

Furthermore, the Buenaventura Vein was transected in this new development drift and will be investigated by more development in the near future. The Buenaventura Vein is among a number of known veins located in the western portion of the main Velardena Property, which have yet to be tested and included in the Company's mineral resources.

Michel Roy, CEO and Chairman of ECU stated, "This type of grade and extension is certainly very encouraging for the continuing development of the whole western area of the Velardena Property where there exists many known veins that are still untested. Only about 50% of the Velardena Property has been explored and it currently contains about 37 million ounces of silver equivalent (AgEq oz) measured and indicated resources (93% of the Company's measured and indicated resources) and about 241 million AgEq oz inferred resources (62% of the Company's inferred resources)".

Cautionary Statements

Readers are cautioned that until a prefeasibility study is completed, there are no assurances these latest mineralized zones will be economically viable. All widths are true widths. Samples were assayed at the ERSA laboratory in Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico which is currently in the process of being certified. Mr. Michel Roy, P. Geo., a "qualified person" within the meaning of NI 43-101, prepared the technical information disclosed in this news release.

About ECU Silver

ECU Silver Mining Inc. is focused on the exploration, development and mining of gold, silver and base metals at its Velardena District Properties in Durango, Mexico. The Company holds a N.I. 43-101 compliant mineral resource of 40 million silver equivalent ounces in the measured and indicated category and 391 million silver equivalent ounces in the inferred category. The Company also owns two mills with a combined capacity of 820 tonnes per day. ECU's mission is to become a pre-eminent silver and gold producer through the development of its existing and potential mineral resources at Velardena.

New Message
Please login to post a reply