Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

Do any of you utilize Market Capitalization per Ounce of Silver Equivalent (MCpOzAgEq) in your analysis of which companies to invest in? I'm struggling trying to comprehend the massive differences in some valuations. Per GoldMinerPulse, Market Capitalization per Ounce of Silver Equivalent (MCpOzAgEq) based on 2011-Apr-12 market closing prices is as follows for the following 3 stocks:

ECU - $1.08 (Classified as an Emerging Producer, a new producer with plans to become a major or intermediate silver producer within a few years)

EDR - $10.54 (Classified as an Emerging Producer, a new producer with plans to become a major or intermediate silver producer within a few years)

IPT - $16.02 (Classified as a Junior Producer, a company producing less than 1M ounces of silver a year)

The contrast between ECU and IPT is amazing to say the least.

ECU's Most Optimistic Resource Estimate per the table is 144.90 M oz's with an average grade of 157.2 g/t. 6% of this is classified as Measured and Indicated, providing ECU with 8.694 M oz's of MI Ag reserves at an average grade of 157.2 g/t.

IPT's Most Optimistic Resource Estimate per the table is 7.70 M oz's with an average grade of only 45.1 g/t. 93% of this is classified as Measured and Indicated, providing IPT with 7.161 M oz's of MI Ag reserves at an average grade of only 45.1 g/t.

Any thoughts as to why IPT is being awarded 15 times the Market Capitalization per Ounce of Silver Equivalent that ECU is?

In the Gold area, I am looking at the difference between AMM.to and TDC.V

TDC - $19.77 (Classified as an Explorer/Developer, a mining company pursuing both gold exploration and mine development)

AMM - $484.66 (Classified as an Explorer/Developer, a mining company pursuing both gold exploration and mine development)

Again, the contrast between TDC and AMM is amazing to say the least.

TDC's Most Optimistic Resource Estimate per the table is 2.22 M oz's with an average grade of 3.447 g/t. 88% of this is classified as Measured and Indicated, providing TDC with 1.9536 M oz's of MI Au reserves at an average grade of 3.447 g/t.

AMM's Most Optimistic Resource Estimate per the table is 0.56 M oz's with an average grade of 5.248 g/t. 53% of this is classified as Measured and Indicated, providing AMM with 0.2968 M oz's of MI Au reserves at an average grade of 5.248 g/t.

I know there are many other factors....but these disparities seem extreme. Appreciate any thoughts people may have as to why AMM is being awarded 24.5 times the Market Capitalization per Ounce of Gold Equivalent that TDC is.

New Message
Please login to post a reply