Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

I have the 50 day MA for SLV at 37.89 and today's low at 38.01, so essentially we hit it.

Using the 50 day MA of their share price to SLV, the handful of Silver Stocks I follow are priced as if SLV was in the $31-34 area.

The suddeness of this decline is tough to stomach.....but it is what they do....we've seen it before.

Imagine if they raised margin requirements for technology stocks bought on margin when technology shares were in a bubble.....

What I'd love a regulator to look at is who was short the silver mining equities, as well as SLW....and who ramped up their shorts during the last 3 weeks of April. Sadly....there appears to be no regulation in this country for that type of conduct....

SLW's share price is very correlated to SLV.....yet SLW fell $6.98 per share from its high on April 8th to the close on April 29th....while SLV rallied $6.98 per share from its high on April 8th to the close on April 29th....an exact match in the opposite direction for two investments that should trade in the same direction. What are the odds of this?

The two resumed their trading in the same direction between the close on April 29th, and the open on May 2nd.....SLW gapping down $2.42 at the open and SLV gapping down $2.78 at the open on May 2nd. Heck, based on the relationship of the two silver investments between the highs on April 8th and the close on April 29th, why didn't SLW gap up $2.78 per share on May 2nd when SLV gapped down $2.78?!? The concept is laughible of course....just as laughable as the divergence between silver investments and the price of silver between April 8th and April 29th.

Many of us who invest in silver mining equities as well as SLW were in the proper place to make alot of money between April 8th and April 29th. We were gamed by a crooked system and the regulators failure to regulate such blatant abuse is par for the course. I wonder how many large Wall Street firms were informed that the margin requirements would be increased at a time convenient for them to maximize profits.

In the long run....it will all fade into the background as Silver resumes its price appreciation as the massive amounts of Fiat printed in the past and still printed daily requires.

Following is a link to an article that explains why SLW and the price of Silver should trade in the same direction....remember, SLW is not a miner and does not have the related risks....

http://www.investorguide.com/article/7008/silver-wheatons-slw-unusual-contracts-give-it-a-silver-lining/

New Message
Please login to post a reply