Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: ECU Silver Receives Assays for the Deep Drilling in Santa Juana Mine

Hi Moose!

The A4 vein is hydrothermal quartz sulphide mineralization. Picture an apple pie, and as it cooks the filling expands, so the pie shell rises and cracks. That is the host rock as the intrusive heats up and expands, forming narrow cracks that extend to the surface. The fluids that flowed in these cracks created the narrow veins.

The MS zone is a contact ore body. It is the host rock that is immediately adjacent to the intrusive, and the heated limestone was chemically altered to form new minerals extending laterally from the intrusive. It is entirely different from the hydrothermal veins that are being mined today.

However these veins do cut through the MS zones and as you described, like the branches extending out from the trunk of a tree, they will create fat enriched deposit areas. I do not see any evidence of that from the assays reported, but I see hints that we are getting closer. So as they punch more holes I am hopeful we will get at least one of these enriched intercepts.

It will not amount to much in terms of the overall resource, but it will make headlines and get investors excited again. I think a little excitement is what has been lacking from this story for years.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply