Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

"At first glance, and I may be wrong, it appears that the CFTC decisions won't have bite for at least 60 days." sinbob

I'm tempted to believe that "at least 60 days" would be necessary for the shorts to cover their positions gradually...after all, it would be quite difficult indeed to cover a 50,000 or 70,000 contract short position overnight. (The current commercial short position totals 80,000 contracts)...in spite of the fact that I'm sure some of the "raptors" would be required to reduce their positions (52,000 long contracts) as well...

...so, if the limits are to go into affect at all, for these commercial shorts, (and I expect that they will scream "We're hedging legitimate positions")...I would expect to see very volatile, but gradually ascending silver prices up to the day the position limits become reality.

Jim Sinclair (and Dan) have pointed out in the past how the general aquisition of gold by determined parties, makes a kind of rising stair-step pattern...and this kind of action is what I would hope for, but I won't hold my breath...lol.

It sure will be worth a celebration when my ten year wait (so far) for COMEX fairness is concluded to my satisfaction...but I'm certainly not buying the Champagne just yet!

Hoping for a Merry X-mas for all,

lp,

gildage

New Message
Please login to post a reply