Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free

FWIW

In light of MFGlobal and now Barret Capital Management ( http://business.financialpost.com/2012/01/17/iiroc-accuses-barrett-of-exposing-customers-to-immense-risk/ ) I became interested in direct registration. Here is one response I got:

Dear XXX,

Thanks for your enquiry. Silver Wheaton does not currently participate in the Direct Registration System.

The company would like to provide this option to shareholders, however, in order to participate the company's trust agents would require a new electronic communication system. Currently, our US co-agent (BNY Mellon) does not have a system in place to communicate DRS information with our primary trust agent (Canadian Stock Transfer Co.), and it is my understanding that it would be extremely costly for them to put one in place. However, we are looking into all options, and it is our goal to become a DRS participating company.

In the meantime, please let me know if you would like to register the shares in your name in certificate form, and I would be happy to provide further information.

Kind regards,

Teya Aasen

Director, Communications

SILVER | WHEATON

Suite 3150 - 666 Burrard Street

Vancouver, BC V6C 2X8

Tel: 604-639-9870

Fax: 604-684-3123

Email: info@silverwheaton.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply