Welcome To The Golden Minerals HUB On AGORACOM

Golden Minerals is a junior silver producer with a strong growth profile, listed on both the NYSE Amex and TSX.

Free
Message: AUMN: Mexico Mike's response to exclusion from Gold Report list

Hi Guys!

I used to post more frequently on this website, and many others. Lately I have been so busy writing for three magazines, plus two separate newsletters, and also with my own website, that I just do not have the time to contribute as frequently anymore. On top of that, I just myself so disgusted with the market action, and the utter failure of the media to acknowledge even the most obvious fraud, that I often turn off my computer and go to the gym or get out of the house. Today was one of those days.

I usually get a lot of email after writing any widely circulated article, but this week the response has been more intense. There is a limit on how many companies I can present in an interview, and the final version is distilled down from a conversation that went on nearly an hour. So even though I remain bullish on stocks like GCU, PZG, IPT, and AUM, I cannot mention all of them. I tried to present some companies that I had not discussed in prior interviews as well.

I am still fully invested in the resource sector, and the vast majority of my personal money is in mining stocks. At this point in the cycle, I think we should be looking at companies that have a legitimate potential to be self funding through production, and/or those that are cashed up and with intense exploration/development work planned. AUM fits my prefered corporate profile and the stock has come down signifcantly in price lately, so I added a bit more. I do not remember the last time I sold a share - certainly it was back in the days before the merger. If I lost confidence in this story I would have sold and moved on.

During the crash in 2008 I suggested that we would see new all-time highs in gold, silver and copper. It was not an easy thing to state at that time when almost everyone was throwing in the towell for the entire sector. It just took a bit of time for people to understand that the world was not coming to an end. I feel exactly the same way about the current market set up. We probably have to put up with a flat or downward trending market for the next few days until the stock options expiry window closes, and then we can enjoy a bounce. The only weapons left for the market riggers is to say scary things about the metals, and to keep the money flow wide open - while telling the market that everything with the overall economy is recovering. Its all BS and if one can understand that, then it makes sense to just hold on through this and buy the dips.

cheers!

mike

New Message
Please login to post a reply